2009-02-25

Writing Journal (Day One)

Today's poem is inspired by something I almost said in a message to a friend. I was suggesting she show up somewhere just as the event was starting and used the phrase "the edge of time." The message I sent actually used the phrase "barely on time."


I opened up the windows in the living room and busted out a pencil and notebook for this one. I prefer doing poetry on paper rather than keyboard (it's the opposite for prose, though). Give myself some natural light and a comfy place to rest.


Then came the walk to the grocery store for breakfast/snacks and milk. Saw a man picking up large branches that had been buried under the snow and saw a couple of cute little girls each going into the store with their respective parents.




Then came the bike ride, where I came up with the ending of the poem.



____________________________
The Edge of Time

The edge of time,
It stands to reason,
I sthe abysmal leap
Into the season.

The ray of hope
Is clouded over.
No light now shines
On this four-leaf clover.

Breaking earth
From all that matters,
Soon enough,
This ice will shatter.

Glory wins,
Then glory fades.
The brightest sun
Shines through the shades.

No comments: