2012-06-22

Writing Journal

I finished "Tell Me Who I Am."  I liked it, but I liked it a whole lot better before it was revealed to be a bunch of paginated, published blog posts.  Well, I guess, some of them were more than that, but that revelation burned it for me.  I still plan on referring back to it from time to time and sending it to a friend or two. 

In rearranging my bookcases (after I cleaned off a shelf in my bedroom), I not only made room for me to purchase more books, but I also rediscovered a memoir that my dad sent me.  It was written sometime before 1988 by my dad's grandma's cousin.  It's over 35,000 words, and I've decided to take upon myself the task of abridging her early years, when she lived in Sioux City, for submission to the Briar Cliff Review for consideration for their Siouxland section.

But, holey moley, has that been invaluable as a resource for family history.  I've unearthed a lot of research needing to be done.  Which I'm trying to not get so caught up in that I forget to work.  *sheepish smile*

1 comment:

Mrs. Teacher said...

That's really cool about your grandma's cousin's memoir! How fun to read some family history :)