2013-01-29

Reading Journal

I finished my dad's book.
And I wish I could highly reccomend it.  I enjoyed it, but that's because I've learned to read through a lot of proofing goofs.  Unlike with fiction, they don't distract from the plot, so that helps. 

One weird thing is that since I grew up with my dad reading to us, I could hear his voice as I read his book.  It only became really weird when I switched to reading something else.

I'm still coming along with "The Scarlet Letter."  I haven't decided what I'll do for my new.  I've got quite a few to choose from, so that's exciting.  Especially because it hasn't happened in a while.

Oh, and I've decided a new hobby is going to the book section of the thrift stores and looking for vintage and antique books.  I've picked up some pretty random ones, including 4 volumes of a 14-volume series about how to raise children.  Based on what I could tell, it was published sometime in the late 1940's.  I've now made it my goal to (a) remember the name of the series and (b) get all of them.

1 comment:

Mrs. Teacher said...

I LOVE vintage books! I have a ton from garage sales, book sales, and thrift stores. I like to look for forgotten bookmarks and little handwritten notes in them :)