2013-03-06

Writing Journal

Whoops, I did-it-a-gain....

I signed up for Camp NaNoWriMo.
Essentially the same thing, but in April instead of November.

This round, I'm aiming for a script (or series of scripts) drawing inspiration from Jane Austen and SNL's "The Californian's."
"Mr. Darcy!  What are yeeewww doing here?!"

Which means I'll be spending March doing research. 
Watching/reading Austen (as my recipe permits)
Watching The Californian's
Learning the geography of Austen's England.

As you can guess, I haven't touched "Family Lies" since I finished the draft.  Not true; I think I have once or twice.  I just don't think there was enough life in the plot.
Hopefully I can turn that around at Camp NaNo.

First up: deciding which scenes I want to rewrite, taken mostly from P&P and S&S. 
Elizabeth and Darcy's unexpected meeting at Pemberley
Lucy, Elinor, and Edward's first scene together.  (I may take some creative liberty and have the secret outed here.)

No comments: