2013-06-29

Writing Journal

Yes, I still do these.
July is another Camp NaNo.  Between November and April, I learned that I am more successful as a planner than a pantser. 
I really like what NaNoWriMo did for me and for my life.  I think it's something that I'll like every year.  It helps me revert from a social butterfly back into my social cocoon.  To clarify, it helps people around me adapt to my absence for a few months.  Writing a novel is a more concrete reason to not attend a social gathering than something as abstract as a mental disorder. (I don't know why, but that sounds icky to me.  Society, can we plese do something about the stigma of all mental disorders?  Thanks.)  Both are quite legit, but one requires far less exploitation.

Anyway...just as I intend to partake in NaNoWriMo for years to come, I hereby state my intentions to use July's Camp NaNo as a planning month.

By the end of this July, I hope to have:
  • 15 pages of plot outline (with the distinct possibility of chapter divisions)
  • 10 pages of character analysis
  • 5 pages of setting studiees
*main characters

No comments: