2015-11-12

Writing Journal

Today, while I was at work, I came up with a great line.  For a book and a story that is not the one that I am currently writing.  I mean, I may be able to work it into some memories of Grandma Betty's, but that's about it.  It just doesn't sound like anyone else.  And, since Chiraq and Grandma Betty were both going as far as Chicago, there's no real need for me to bring in any more characters, like I've been doing between Sacramento and Salt Lake (which is the stop I'll be writing about tonight.  It'll be interesting to take the story off the train for a while.)

I'm considering putting it up for adoption on the appellation station, but I selfishly want to keep the line for myself for a future story.  One that actually involves a budding romance.

"S/he went from not trying to flirt with him/her to trying not to flirt with him/her." 
Maybe used as a direct quote in dialogue as two characters discuss their relationship: I went from not trying to flirt with you to trying to not flirt with you.

It's beautiful, and I just want to use it, but I can't!!!!!

On the plus side, I thought I was going to have to drive to Norfolk to write again, but then one of my coworkers invited me over to use her kitchen table and keep her company while she makes a cheesecake.  She said those were her plans, and I said that mine were to try and find a place to write 10k words (really closer to 6k) tonight.  She said, "How about my kitchen table?"  I said, "Ok.  I'll give you my number and you can text me your address."

That's how my life works, people.

No comments: