2018-06-18

Reading Journal

Finished a Maeve Binchy book in the span of about a week.  I tend to use those to relight my reading fire.  I always enjoy them, and since most of my collection is purse sized paperback, I get through one quickly and can ride the success of that.

Not sure what title is next.  I think I might do a movie-book combo with Roommate One's copies of Stardust.  I've seen the movie a couple of times, and what's funny is her copy of Stardust is on the shelf directly above her copy of Eleanor & Park, which I borrowed without her knowledge/explicit permission one weekend she went out of town in the second place we shared.

Saw something on twitter I might try next year, if I can meet this year's Goodread's Reading Challenge.  I like challenges and need to get back into them, honestly.  Anyway, the thread was about what people used for bookmarks and a guy said he used a playing card because he tried to read 52 books a year.  I thought it was cool, and you could write the title and year on each card.  If I can get through fifteen this year, I'll give it a go next year.


No comments: