2009-04-01

Writing Journal (Day ##)

I don't remember which day I wrote this on. Maybe Thursday, since it falls on a page between something I wrote on Wednesday and something I wrote on Saturday. And I seem to remember writing it while eating a sandwich on break, which I didn't do on Friday because I didn't work that day.

But I've realized that it's not necessarily one poem every day, but rather 40 poems in 40 days. So there's an amendment to the challenge, halfway through it. See what Shania Twain has to say about women changing minds, mmkay?

Deliciousness
My mouth wants more
To chew over;
My brain, less.

My mind is longing to escape
To the flavors
Brewing on my tongue.

A habitual exhaustion
And peaceful yearning
Always follow the joyful bliss.

I try to slow the excitement
And savor each tender tonguing,
But the excitement is overwhelming.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it! I'm going to write 40 poems in 40 days too. Except for it's not lent anymore. Does it still count?

seashmore said...

Yeah, you can challenge yourself to complete a goal any time you want. I don't think I quite made it to 40, but I got 30+ started. Which is more than I was doing before.