2009-05-13

Writing Journal

Frustrated.

That's what I am right now. I'm feeling so motivated and more inspired to work on some prose. So why am I not? Partially because I want to really work on LHM, but that isn't available to me at the moment. Why is it not available to me? Because Adam has my computer, that's why. Why does he have my computer? Because he's a computer "doctor" and Lucy's in a coma. Has been for months. And he hasn't volunteered any information on how she's doing. And it's too late in the evening to ask him. He likes to go to bed early. Stupid smart kid.

Over a month ago, I came up with the ending for LHM and wrote it out on paper. I want it to be in place. I want to flesh it out, which I can't do very successfully with old school methods. The speed of my fingers on a keyboard is much closer to the speed of my thoughts than the speed of a pen or pencil in my fingers. If news is bad tomorrow (like he's tried and failed more than miserably), I may give up and type it out as a fake-out entry in this blog. That way I can label it, title it, save it and just not publish it. (It wouldn't be ready for external critiquing.)

The reason I haven't done that already is because I'm afraid of the hassle I wouldn't feel like going through when it comes to combining them......I'm making excuses again, aren't I?

Another reason I really want to write? I've got a new CD I want to try out in the writing realm. I've got high hopes for it. That's what I'll probably do tomorrow: clean the kitchen (that's my chore for the period, even though that hasn't been made explicitly clear) and write. Oh, and hit the bank so I know how much I can spend on tickets for Vancouver 2010.

No comments: