2009-06-19

Reading Journal

Technically, this should be dated for 09-06-18...

I'm fudging my cycle/rules a little bit.

I had no idea how close I was to finishing the Review. I sat down to read some this afternoon (Thursday) and all I had left was a book review (which made me want to read the book) and a couple of poems. There were some art pieces I didn't look too closely at because I just wanted to be finished with it.

I then read a Dilbert book this afternoon as my Random, so the next label on the cycle is another True, but I'm only about 75% finished with A Marvelous Work and a Wonder and would therefore be reading two books from the same category. I said I didn't want to do that because if I can read 3 books in the time it takes me to push through one (I anticipate it most often being a True), then I should stop pushing and put it down. But AMW&W is one that I want to fnish. One problem is that the font is so small, and it's made even smaller every time they block quote scriptures. Which is quite often. There's simply more text in it than there are in the other books I've read since starting.

I'm planning on reading the history book c. 1941 I got at a garage sale as my next True. So, I'll be reading two True at the same time. Although for different reasons, and they're really different genres. I'd consider the garage sale book almost comical.

I haven't decided on my next Old, though. Maybe Pride and Prejudice, since my next New is going to be Pride, Prejudice and Zombies. But I'd feel like I was wasting my time reading that, since I've already read it 2 or 3 times in the past 5 years. You know what; I'm going to the library to check for the Zombie book. I might just pick up another Austen book I haven't read yet. (Like Emma or Persuasion, probably whichever one's shorter or more available.)

Update: I picked up Sense and Sensibility because the library branch I went to only had 2 Austen's available: S&S and Northanger Abbey. I've seen the movie, time to read the book.

In list format, here's my reading rotation:
True 1: AMW&W
True 2: Our Nation's History (c. 1941)
Old: Sense & Sensibility
New: Pride, Prejudice and Zombies

That ought to keep me busy for a while.

*off to read*

No comments: