2009-06-11

Writing Journal

The past few weeks/monthish, I've come up with some good lines/images and have tried some of them out in poems, but I don't like the poems as much as I like the lines. Some of them I have yet to try out, so I'm making a list. Because, sometimes, I like lists. Steal any of these, and someone else will kill you.







  • "Like a rock in a river, he won't roll on his own."



  • a bridge being repairable from only one side



  • "You earn what you want by learning to love what you're given."



  • "...desire to be consumed."



  • purposes for different bone structures



  • Since there is no limit to the mistakes we can make, there is no limit to the rectifying of those mistakes (in God's eyes)



  • "I'm musing you."



  • Image: hiking packs, taking lead out of ours and putting into the one Christ is carrying.
    Christ's burden:my burden::coin purse:Mary Poppin's carpet bag



  • "So busy looking back, I didn't see what was ahead."



  • Meaning of "Grace shall be as your day"



  • "He heard her voice across the room/and perked up in nervousness"






Just now, this very instant, while parading through my notes and listening to Airborne Toxic Event on youtube, I pulled out this haiku.




Dependency
Sans emotion, things
Are crystal clear. Desire
Disguises the truth.

No comments: