2011-08-31

Dear President Obama

Dear President Obama,
While I appreciate your promises to help out those on the east coast with the flooding from Irene, under the direction of Mother Nature, I can't help but get a little green with envy. I understand their streets, homes and neighborhoods are covered with water or mud and that it is a general disaster area, and I can empathize. See, I'm from Omaha, and we've had parts of the Interstate closed for months because of flooding. Flooding that was caused when the Army Corps of Engineers, under the direction of Uncle Sam, released tons of water from dams upstream along the Missouri River.

Not only has FEMA refused to help finance the cleanup, but you yourself refuse to come out and even look at the damage. So, here, to make life easy for you, I'll save you the trip. Take a look at this photo slideshow from the Omaha World Herald.

Thank you,
seashmore

P.S.-The amount of support you've shown my neighborhood during this man-made disaster is proportionate to the amount of support you'll be seeing from me in the next election.

No comments: