2012-01-03

Reading Journal

This weekend, I finished Mr. Fooster. It was an ok book, although I'm thinking I'll put it with my children's selections. It's a better fit, both literally and logistically. The content is very appropriate and good for that hard-to-reach-with-books age: 8-12. And my regular fiction bookcase is literally overflowing. The rows of books bowed as I put selections back after deciding I didn't want to read that particular one for my "random." I'm lucky the Maeve Binchey paperbacks are small and the shelves are wide because the one I picked out for Christmas fits perfectly in front of the other one I have.

I spent half an hour reading out of a book I snatched from my mom's house sometime ago. Something called "Best Loved Poems of the American People" or something. Read a few by the Shelly's and a couple about an old bucket in a well. (One was in response to the first one.) Found a movie ticket stub stuck in the pages for some reason. I didn't recognize any of the poems on the page, although read and liked the one about Mr. Felix and work. (Or something like that.) I'm thinking of using that incident as poem fodder. If it's appropriate to share, I will. If it becomes to personal or winds up being no good, I won't.

I picked up "Anpao," as a re-read for my Random.
But after bringing up Ms. Binchey just now, I might put him back and go for "Circle of Friends" as a re-read. It's a little closer to home in terms of my personal life and I'm anticipating reading the one I just bought as being my next New. (Can't remember the title; I just know she's a good author and it was like $5.)

No comments: