2012-03-26

Writing Journal


First, a little bit of Reading...

I'm working through finishing the excerpt of Whitman's "Leaves of Grass" in my textbook for Modern Poetry.




I've also started reading the Catechism of the Catholic Church. A few weeks ago, each of the Relief Society Presidencies in our stake got a copy of "Pure Religion." I had been hoping I could stretch "Drowning Ruth" until our president finished it, but I just couldn't. Oh, well. I've been wanting to read the catechism for a while, just to know more about their beliefs. And if I read anything shorter, I'd finish it before I finished Paradise Lost, which means I'd have to shelf that, and that throws all sorts of hooey into my system.


Now the writing....


I've come up with a theme for my NaNoWriMo novel, and it's different than what I thought it would be. I still haven't come up with the exact conflict(s) that need resolving, much less how to do so, nor have I really even decided who is in on which side. But I do have some ideas and took a cue from my roommate. We each have a story wall in our dining area.




After finishing with "Drowning Ruth" at 2 a.m., I found myself gawking at them and I noticed that mine is on drywall and hers is on cinderblock. Then I giggled as I thought to myself, "that's her writer's block."





Then I remembered the wall in the kitchen that had been left bare-looking after some slight rearranging a month or so ago. It happens to be cinderblock.


So we created a Writer's Block. It has a few writing prompts and ideas, although not in this picture.

No comments: