2014-11-26

Writing Journal

Long story short, I've failed NaNoWriMo this year.

I'm only recording my excuses/reasons so I can do my best to not repeat them.

1. I didn't prep as well as I needed to in October. This includes my outline and my writing space(s).
2. I got off to a slow start. I let a few consecutive days go by without writing.
3. I got sick. A nasty cold knocked me out for about 5 full days. It probably only would have been 2 or 3 were I in a position to call sick to work.
4. I didn't set word count goals or a reward system. This probably falls under not planning well.
5. I didn't create a support base. At best, 5 people I come face to face with knew about my challenge. No one was asking me how I was doing or telling me they wanted to read it when I was done. Which is sad, because I might actually have let them with this one.

No comments: