2015-01-24

Writing Journal

Hey guys, I'm famous!
haha...well, kind of.
Through a pretty good friend of mine, I became acquainted with a gentleman by the name of Blake. Less than a year ago, he and a friend of his co-founded a website called Millenial Mormons, which has become pretty well read. My first contribution to the site was a piece on being refined by Seasonal Affective Disorder, and I was glad to do it.

When I ran into Blake at a New Year's party, he solicited me for more articles, which blew me away. Especially considering that my conversation with him was less than two full minutes. Between that and my branch president's encouragement to develop my literary talents, I felt a kick in the pants. Not a swift one, mind you, but a kick nonetheless. I made a sort of unofficial goal to submit an article every month for the site. I have since submitted three, and they've published two. (I can't fault them for not publishing the third, as I composed it rather hastily.) I also have two ideas on deck, but they definitely need work before I send them out.

Here's an image of both articles being featured on their home screen, which is quite the feather in my cap.

No comments: