2015-05-27

Writing Journal

I have a laptop that is more of a laptop than just a glorified typewriter (and Oregon Trail machine). I also have a reorganized room with more room for writing, which means no more using the "table's too dirty" excuse for not writing.

To celebrate, here's a bit of a poem.  I'm posting only parts of it because there are a couple of stanzas that I want to work on combining, but not as much as I want to post a poem here.
Tentative title: I Wish

I wish I could forget
All the bridges I've burned,
All the love that was lost,
All the tables that turned.

I wish the memories came
Without any pain,
Without any sorrow,
Without any shame.

I wish you had told me,
I wish you had said,
I wish you had promised
Our friendship would not end.

But the call's been released,
And I wish you could see
That if I am like you,
What I'm missing is me.

No comments: