2015-10-04

Writing Journal

Well, I did it.
Millennial Mormons made an official facebook post asking for regular contributors.  I asked, and was told that meant about 2-3 posts a month.  I responded that I would pray about it.  I knew that I would find my answer somewhere in the talks of General Conference.

I couldn't watch live on Saturday, but thanks to internetty stuff, I was able to catch most of what I missed.  (Saturday morning and the first talk of Saturday afternoon.)  As I was listening to Elder Hales, I got the green light on officially applying to be a contributor.  And by green light, I mean warm feeling.

The only reason I had hesitated in the slightest was because I don't know if I'll have enough energy to keep up year round, although that was swept away when I read my patriarchal blessing.  But I also have been wanting to open an etsy shop/facebook page for crocheted items (blankets and scarves).  I had made plans to work on creating an inventory for that before I saw the MM post.  So, this past week, I've been trying out how an every-other-day routine feels for writing and crocheting.  And it's been working out ok.  Well enough that I think I can do both, anyway.  I figure I can take Sundays "off" from the pressure of pursuing those goals and work on either or neither of those hobbies/crafts on those days.

No comments: