2019-01-16

Writing Journal

This is me coming to dedicate myself to more creative writing in 2019.

As I mentioned in my personal blog, the creative side in me has died a little bit, and I think it's due to the full time desk work.  I miss the conservative hippie me.  The one who would wear something other than jeans or sweats and t-shirts as casual wear.  The one who would write poems, or just always have a writing utensil and surface to jot lines.  The one who would read stories and poems to hear trends and ideas.  The one who would listen to music instead of just staring at a screen.  Good music, varied music.  The one who would sometimes create music.

I miss her.

And I am bound and determined to get her back.  God needs her for something, and He needs her skills honed for whatever that may be.  Time's a wasting.

So, this is me, dedicating myself to typing at least one hour a day, and spending time not just looking for literary magazines, but reading them.  Spending time at the library.

This means finding stable PT work that can support me, and leaving FT work for one employer in the dust.  I cannot for the life of me find the Utah Philips quote I am searching for, but it's one that essentially says "The life of my brain is the only life I have, and why would I hand that life over to someone else for eight hours a day on the expectation that they would return it to me in an unmutilated condition?"

Anyway, that's motivating the life change I'm being secretive about until it's too late for anyone to give me advice I wouldn't take even if it was good.

No comments: