2012-11-09

Reading/Writing Journal

So, I looked at the reading list widget over there ------->
for the first time in a long time.  I thought I was okay with starting this year's round of O! Pioneers after I finished Mayor of Casterbridge, but I was wrong.  It was a New that was next up, and I can only count O! Pioneers as either an old or a random.  Flubzies!
Looks like I've got more reading to do than I thought.

Which is okay, since I'm practically an entire day ahead of my lofty NaNo goal.  I didn't want to write on Sundays or Thanksgiving, so I set my daily word count at 2000 a day, rather than the 1666/7 a day set by the "officials."  The goal was to reach 16k by the end of today, and I reached 16,308 last night!

I think I'm starting to plateau, though.

NO!  Don't say that!! 

Just because the story isn't moving as quickly as you'd like, and you've found yourself unable to tell it any way but chronologically, that doesn't mean anything.  Okay, all four MC's have finally met each other, and it's only a matter of time before the connections are made.  Yes, that's the goal for tonight: make the connections, especially between Justin and Candy.  (Last night's work kind of ended with Marcus and Corby.)

Here's a fun little anectdote, now that I'm done talking to myself....
I was dozing off a little between my write-in and a meeting, when I caught myself thinking it was September for some reason.  As soon as I realized it was not September, I wondered why I would think such a thing.  Maybe the weather?  But could it also have been that I had just finished writing about something taking place in September?  I think that might have actually had more to do with it than the weather....

No comments: