2012-11-13

Writing Journal

So a real quick update on NaNo...

I hit kind of a block over the weekend/yesterday.  I could've written something between Jeopardy and Wheel, but chose to read instead.  I just felt as though there was this large, raging river between where my story was and where I wanted it to go, but I just could not find the bridge over it.  How frustrating.

I tried for about half an hour before Castle and half an hour after.  I started the day where I wanted to end, so the little I wrote makes me less ahead than I was when I started the day.  Just pushed words out, most of them meaningless and doing nothing to take the story forward.  I was dragging my knuckles through the words, I guess you could say.

Since I've been feeling this way since, oh, Saturday-ish, I had been including a request for guidance in my prayers.  I knew my heavenly Father knows this story is important to me, and wants to help me, so I figured I'd ask.  Just in case He had any advice to impart.  I mean, he created the earth, so He's got some imagination, ya know?

Well, last night's prayer was cut short by an epiphany (crap!  I just realized I left my laptop in my car.  I hope the 40 degree weather doesn't do any damage!) as to where to take my story next.  I wrote down the ideas, expressed my gratitude and opened up my Bible to this verse:
And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the Lord searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.
emphasis added



No comments: