2012-12-27

Reading Journal

I've hardly touched Family Lies.

I finished O! Pioneers last night, and found myself trying hard to figure out the relationship between Alexandra and Frank.  I've read the book a few times before, but this was really the first time I had thought about what goes on between these two.  And it may be a few more times before I understand it.

When I finished Old Border Road, I picked up A Thousand Bayonets.  I feel as though my reaction to it is common in the reading world.  I started off tentative about liking it and slowly made my way through the beginning.  Then, one night, I couldn't sleep.  So I read.  And I read deep into Christmas Eve morning with this book, getting wrapped in the plot.  It had finally started to move!  It wasn't earth-shattering to the point where I couldn't put it down (most books aren't), but it was better than I thought.

I can tell I'm nearing the end of something self-or-locally published, though, as the editorial stuff is starting to weaken.  One page has three consecutive paragraphs on the page starting with "John [verb]ed..."  But considering I got it for free, I like it better than the other one I won from goodreads.

No comments: