2012-12-04

Writing Journal

(A repost for those who follow my general blog.)

I'm only about 40% pleased with the title of my NaNo: Family Lies
Then again, I'm probably my worst critic since I judge myself against who I want to be (like) and who I am/have been.

Anyway...you're probably going to ask if I finished it.
Well....my answer is: I hit the 50k, but the story I wanted to tell is not yet complete. (Which, by the way, is not that uncommon.)

My intentions are to toss the dross* in December, mostly to see how many worthwhile words I wrote.  I aim to finish telling the story in January and go back through it in FebruaryMarch I'll design the cover and then look into getting 5 free copies of it from createspace, which is a deal they offer through June for NaNoWriMo winners.  Everything for 2013 is a pipe dream, though.  We'll see if I get to smoke it. 

Just for fun, here are links to my word count rewards.  I hit every one of them on time, except for the 40k, which was due to my not taking the project with me on vacation.  But I'm saving it for if I finish the doss tross by the end of December.
5k by Nov. 3
10k by Nov. 6
20k by Nov. 12
30k by Nov. 17
40k by Nov. 23/24 (can't remember)
50k by Nov. 30
(haven't partaken of this yet, but did find it rather entertaining that the label-typer switched "is" and "never," despite placing the label directly next to the words on the case.)

*(I so wish I could take credit for that phrase, but my buddy Diane introduced it to me)

No comments: