2021-02-15

Writing Journal

 Spotify search is being slow.  I want to add more songs to my writing playlist.  Most of the other pages are loading rather quickly now that it's up and playing.  So frustrating.

I really only have today left to work on things.  Checkout is noon, so I suppose I could do a spell tomorrow morning, with how early I've been waking.  It's been so awfully cold that I'm little bit nervous about the van starting, and I'm trying to push that out of my concerns right now.  The locks worked just fine yesterday when I went down to get my pizza.  I still have over a full one left.  I ought to cut back on the popcorn to keep room for that.

Ah, the search is working now!

My plan is to review the exposition and climax before the end of the "working" day.  Part of me wonders if I should make it a novel or keep it short story length.  Reading more things in general ought to help me make that decision, truth be told.  If I want to be a good curler, I watch curling; if I want to be a good writer, I read other authors.  Perhaps once I get to where I feel it's a finished draft, I'll reach out for readers through the Nest.  Nondiscriminatory policies to get a variety of readers.  Part of me wants to have Tara read it, but I question her judgement of a good story; I don't feel I'd get anything critical from it, and that's what I want.  

Then I'll make changes PRN and move to Twitter before submitting for publishing.  I feel that it would be easier to do that if it's a short story, truth be told.  But, we shall see.

No comments: