2019-04-27

Writing Journal

I need a plan for the day.  I also need to pee.

Now that that's been taken care of....

I wish that the Word Sprints Twitter account was more consistent with their operation hours.  Although, lately, the tweets I have been seeing after the fact have all been for thirty minute sprints.  Um, those are not sprints.  Those are races.  So they probably wouldn't be very effective for me, anyway.  Oh, well.

My plan for today is to do twenty minute sprints of my own.  I'm getting bored...no, that's not the right word.  German is probably the only language with a word for the feeling I'm about to describe. Trunky comes close.  I want the story to continue, but I also don't want it to end.  I want to get to the next scene, but don't want to leave the one I'm in.

So, twenty minute chunks of time until I either hit the halfway point or my sister lets me know she's close to being in town.

9:00 to 9:20 -- write
9:20 to 9:40 -- play
9:40 to 10:00 -- write

So on and so forth.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Update: I did pretty good at sticking to the twenty minute time slots.  Did some research and am less pantsy about my story now.  I did get to about halfway, though, so I'm gonna call it a morning.  Go home and crochet/watch things and do a little bit of laundry and lesson planning until I get a call from my sister to meet her and her husband as they cross the country.

No comments: