2019-05-04

Reading/Writing Journal

I had the most successful Camp NaNo experience I've ever had.  I made it about half way to my word count goal.  I started getting the slumpy slumps.  I'm starting to wonder if NaNo has served it's purpose for me.  The focus on quantity has me not worrying one bit about quality.  Like, it's not even a blip on my radar.   Which means I know that every other sentence I write is craptastic.  I think subconsciously...I end up disconnecting with my story because I become hyper focused on quantity.  Not sure how to go about fixing that. 

Probably working on writing quality pieces during non-NaNo peaks, I guess. 

My reading game slumped a little bit, but it's picked up.  I'm still focusing on Main Street, and it is so applicable one hundred years later.  I need to hurry up and finish it, though.  My cover is falling apart.

No comments: