2018-11-12

Writing Journal

I finally broke 10k on my NaNo today!
And I'm ready for bed now.  Only had 5k iU of Vitamin D and forty minutes of light therapy.
I also realized that I do better in the mornings at work if I've been up and working towards alert for a while. I'll probably do one more sprint.  Maybe try and get to a word count goal.  At least half of the "write this many words per day to finish on time" goal.  Which works out to writing until my total is 12,078. Ish.  Maybe 11,078.  That seems less intimidating. 

Until then, I'm going to do things like go to the bathroom, spin my Givling, and pack my lunch for tomorrow.  (We're at a pizza place.  I got a 10" so I don't have to do anything for it tomorrow.)

My MC is still at home.  She hasn't graduated high school yet.  Her brother hasn't got married and had kids, she hasn't finished her culinary degree in New York, her sister in law hasn't died, her best friend hasn't gotten married....She hasn't gotten married or divorced.  I keep getting caught up in being wordy about each scene.

Whatever.  I've made a new friend who told me about a website that provides an opportunity to write stories for money.  Hoping I can do that well enough that I can get by working part time and afford insurance on my own.  Or finding some place that offers insurance to it's part time employees.  Because I doubt I'm going to find a husband with such benefits at this stage of my life.

No comments: