2018-11-03

Writing Journal

Last night's attempt at NaNoing was a failure.  Not an epic one, but a failure nonetheless.  I live in northern Omaha proper but work in Bellevue, which is attached at the south side.  It's about a 25 minute drive since I'm heading the opposite of traffic.  I have a friend who lives in Bellevue who wanted to get together last night at 6 for an old lady's night in.  She was working on an embroidery project and I always have a blanket I can take with.  (It was the friend who taught me how to crochet.) 

I figured that'd be perfect!  I got off at 4:30 and could stop at Panera to write for at least an hour before heading over to her place for dinner. 

Wrong.

To be fair, the plan was perfect, but the execution was not.  See, I had forgotten to plug my laptop in to charge overnight after Thursday's attempt at a write-in.  And my computer has gotten worse in it's old age about giving me a warning when I'm working and the battery is low.  Thankfully I had my iPad with me, so I was able to do a bit of research/prep before my dinner bell rang.  On the plus side, I have more prepped.  Need to translate it into text from the handwritten, though.

At Panera now, looking to write at least an hour and get to 4k from 233 before I head back home to work on some crochet and grab a midday meal.  I had wanted to get up early enough to hit up the bank and grab some Panera breakfast, but I didn't.  Oh, well.  Once I eat some more of my bagel, I'll take my vitamin and get going now that my fingers are warmed up.  (Although, my wrist is hurting from about two hours of crochet last night and I don't think I have a brace with me.  Will have to add one to my bag for NaNo tonight.

No comments: