2018-11-03

Writing Journal

At my second "off campus" write-in for the day.

Got ready to join in on a Twitter word sprint, starting at :55.  My laptop died at :54.  Frustrated, I refilled my drink and headed home.  Forced myself to write until the drink was gone, then I could go play with my yarn.  Worked well enough.  Technically doubled my word count.

Now I'm at my regular Saturday night location.  Yet again, waiting forever for service.  I get that we're regulars and most of us are pretty chill about being left.  She just came in and said that the manager keeps sending her to other tables.  They do look much busier than normal.

We're also much busier than normal in here, and it's probably going to irritate me if I don't get some music in my ears soon.  It's not just the volume of bodies, but the volume of the voices who have arrived.

Never thought I'd be hoping for my food to take a long time.  At least the lady I'm sharing a table with is nice, quiet, and interesting.  Haven't caught her name yet, though.  Maybe by the end of the night.

No comments: