2009-03-16

Writing Journal (Day 18)

This is the result of my late-night, exhaust-filled attempt at writing a poem from the perspective of another person. Due to distraction, I was not able to give it my utmost attention while composing. Certainly didn't help matters that the event inspiring the poem had happened earlier in the week, so the memory was not fresh. Not my best. I'll be lucky to get 2 decent poems out of this challenge. *le sigh*

Little Girl
Would she have laughed so hard
Had she known what I knew?
I couldn't help but notice
How happy she seemed.
It wasn't a facade;
Those smiles were really real.
And beautifully flushing her cheeks.

Still, I desired to see her
As distraught as I felt.
I wished to take back my knowing,
To pack it all away.
Since I can't share it,
I take solace in knowing
It isn't my place
To fuel her fears
And spoil her smile.

No comments: