2009-03-24

Writing Journal (Day 23)

Day 23 was a Friday, and was easily one of the worst days I've had at work. Summing it up (full story here): a good friend of mine yelled at me. Loudly. Over nothing.

On the plus side, the calm I was able to maintain (through little help of my own) gave me a story for the lesson I had to teach on Sunday as well as this poem.


Smoldering
The purposes of evil are frustrated
When you remain calm.
To not quiver with fear
Or shout back with defensive anger
Is to throw a brick wall
In the face of damnation.

Standing firm in the
Truth of Love
Will harrow the barrel of hate
That is staring you down.

Lashing back and
Punching the abuse down
Will cause it to
Rise higher with fury;
Remaining calm allows the
Fire to burn bright but
Quickly upon the pyre.

No comments: