2009-03-24

Writing Journal (Day 25)

Once I was challenged by a Creative Writing teacher to try and write something bad. Back then, it was harder than I thought. I tried it again on Day 25, so this is supposed to be chock-full of cliche's and obvious attempts at rhymes. It was surprisingly easy. Maybe that's not a good sign...

My Son
I raised you up,
They shot you down.
I saw you from my body,
Now I'll see you in the ground.

Your friends,
They could not save you.
But they have done enough-
What more is there to do?

They got you into guns,
They got you into gangs,
They got you into drugs,
They all but said the "bang!"

__________________________
I've got to be honest; I've been failing miserably at this challenge. Hardly any of these poems are finished. So I'm really only starting a poem every day, which is not the same as writing a poem every day.

No comments: